School age appropriate worship service meets weekly during the school year. Children of our school participate and assist in this service.
Monies collected weekly from Chapel offerings supports missions around the world.
Missions funded this school year:
Our local Red Cross center benefits from the monies raised from chapel offerings.
Missions funded in previous years:
The Lutheran Malaria Initiative works through local partners to educate families on malaria, increase access to treatment, and provide prevention tolls such as bed nets.
“Rev. Jim and Mabell Bloker serve as LCMS missionaries in the Czech Republic and throughout Eurasia. They work with the national church leaders to build up outreach efforts and seek to constantly reconnect the people of Eurasia with their Christian heritage. Jim and Mabelle prepared for their service by attending missionary orientation at Concordia University, St. Paul, in June 2008. They previously served as missionaries in Ghana, West Africa, and have served at congretations in North Carolina, Virginia, and Maryland.”
The mission of the Lutheran Braille Workers are to:
- Publish Biblical, Christ-Centered Literature
- Offered in Braille and Large Print formats
- Currently printing more than 30 languages and distributing to 120 countries
- The work is done by a team of thousands of volunteers
- Their literature is offered free of charge.
- learn about the people and culture of the remote village of Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug, Ontaria;
- collect dollars per mile/kilometer to help fund the ministry of Lamp;
- pray for the ministry of Lamp, and pray that the needs of those living in the remote communities of the far north will be met.
“If you give a Bible to a new Christian, it be be overwhelming. There’s so much to absorb and understand,” says missionary Rev. NaThalang.
Most Christian children in South Asia have never seen a Bible. Until they are old enough to reach the Bible themselves, their parents must simply tell them the stories they know, many times over.
The Lutheran Heritage Foundation (LHF) is helping children to receive a copy of the Bible in their own language.